Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just a little homesick

There's only one bad thing about going to BYU for school - my family is far far away.

I have a brother, Mitch, who is 13 and a sister, Abby, who is 11 and I'm not there to see them grow up. They are my two favorite people in this world and I'm a little worried they aren't going to have very many memories with me in them. I talked to them on the phone today and they are both doing fabulous, as always. They're both crazy talented and the two most amazingly accomplished young people I know. I'm not sure how they're related to me because they're way cooler than I could ever hope to be. I also have two little cousins, Stella and Jake, who are two and one. If I could photograph the word "adorable," it would be a picture of them. Jake is talking now, apparently, and I gave my sister an assignment to have him saying my name by the time I go home for Thanksgiving. Oh, I can't wait. I think Halloween is just as much a family holiday as any other. I would so much rather have been with my family than anywhere else this past weekend.

Mitch just keeps getting more and more good looking. At 5'7 he is now taller than me. I used to push him around all the time like a good big sister does, and this summer as I was continuing my good sister habits, he felt the need to inform me that if he wanted to he could flip me over and slam me against the ground. The sad thing is, he's right. He's in 7th grade now and is the star football player. On top of that he wins student-of-the-month every month (no exaggeration) and has never once received a B in his all honors classes. I know, he's such a little jerk. I love him.


Abby is the one on the left. She was a dead football player for Halloween which is so atypical of her. She's usually something super cutesy and girly which just shows how much she is changing. She lives at the dance studio and has more talent than she can contain in her little body. You will never meet anyone like Abby. She's so full of personality and uniqueness that she still surprises me sometimes. I love her.
Ok, seriously. Are they not the two cutest little people you have ever seen? It amazes me how people so young can still have such strong individual personalities. I babysat them all summer and sometimes I just want to be back spending my days with them. There was never a dull moment. I love them.


Some more pictures to make me miss home a little more...



I promise I really am happy at BYU and this is definitely where I'm suppose to be. I think I just expect things to stay exactly the same at home while I'm gone but I have to remember that while I'm growing, changing and experiencing life, so is my family. I'm so blessed.


I love my family.

1 comment:

brooketolman said...

only a couple more weeks till thanksgiving...
I've been waaaay homesick too.