Thursday, May 22, 2008

One day, you'll stand up on you're own

If there is one thing I've learned since being home it's this... when you have nothing to do, you get nothing done. Words of Wisdom by Caitlin McCain. Coming to stores near you.

Man, whoever is reading this right now, I really wish you could see my teeth. I went to the dentist today to get them cleaned and now they are literally blinding everyone with their whiteness. Seriously. If there's one thing I excel in, it's teeth hygiene. I've never had a cavity and my dentist always makes me feel so good when I go visit him because he tells me how wonderful my teeth are. At least I can die knowing I've succeeded in something, right? I wish I could go to the dentist more than twice a year, just for a little confidence boost.

I would also like to address this blog to all of America when I say... DAVID COOK DESERVED TO WIN. Because he rocks literally and figuratively. And clearly he and I would make beautiful babies. So, here's to you David Cook, rock on.

I saw the new Indiana Jones movie tonight. Since I haven't seen the other three movies all I can compare it with is the show at Disney World and, honestly, I think the show wins. I don't know though. I may have to see it again to fully comprehend it... I'm one of those people who doesn't get most movies the first time around so by round two my opinion usually changes. With the exception of Pirates 2 and 3 and Spider Man 3. I think I understood those even less the third time.

One of my probably top ten favorite things is when you are listening to a song you've listened to for years and suddenly you have an epiphany and you finally get it. The pieces come together, it all makes sense and the song and the world both take on a whole new meaning. Someone somewhere has to know what I'm talking about here. For example, the song Innocent by Our Lady Peace.

Here's the real lyrics to the first verse:

Oh, johnny wishes he was famous
Spends his time alone in the basement
With Lennon and Cobain and
A guitar and a stereo

Here's what I thought they were:

Oh, johnny wishes he was famous
Spends his time alone in the basement
With a linen and cocaine
A guitar and a stereo

... I guess I thought Johnny was a druggy.

Here's the words to the next verse:

Oh, I dreamed of losing faith and what she knows
And some music hits on the foreclose
Thinks of surgery and a new nose
And the galleries of war
And while she wishes she was a dancer
And that shed never heard of cancer
She wishes God would give her some answers
And make her feel beautiful

Here's what I thought...

Oh, Gina's losing faith in what she knows
And some music takes all of her clothes
Thinks of surgery and a new nose
And recovery's a war
And while she wishes she was a dancer
And that shed never heard of cancer
She wishes God would give her some answers
And make her feel beautiful

..see, I thought how they talked about Johnny in the first verse, now they were talking about Gina who wants to be dancer but she can't because she has cancer and she just wants to feel beautiful. It made sense to me, though I was never really sure where the music stealing her clothes part came from. But after listening to it in the car today, I realized I had it all wrong. And now it makes a lot more sense. I guess we really are all innocent. Words of Wisdom by Our Lady Peace.

PS - The title of my blog is from that song, so it's not completely out of left field.
PPS - Speaking of left field, I would just like to say that Albert Pujols is my hero. In one hit he broke a pitcher's nose, scored a run, and broke a catcher's foot. Now that takes skill. Go Cardz.

Ok. Now I'm done.

2 comments:

Andino said...

I totally make up words to songs like that. And I LOVE the Cardinals! Yay Pujols. I miss going to the games.

brooketolman said...

I have always been jealous of your nice teeth. And you and David Cook would make beautiful babies, but i think me and him would make gorgeous babies. I would say Caitlin Cook doesn't sound too great but Brooke Cook sounds worse, so i guess you win.