Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year in an old city

I recently realized that I have very few friends in St. Louis. Actually, I think I have a grand total of two? Maybe three? Sad, I know. I'm all torn up about it. So to bring in 2009, I shot a text over to my friend, Brooke, who goes to BYU as well and we headed downtown for some good old fashion outdoor ice skating. Once we got there, it was packed with families and also cost $9. So we did things our own way. We decided that since we were already downtown we would get pictures of us at our favorite St. Louis places. Enjoy.

The first stop was the St. Louis Art Museum. It's beautiful. And free. Which makes it even more beautiful.



Next was the Boat House. Something sketchy was going down there so we got a picture and ran back to the car. St. Louis is the second most dangerous city, you know, so we were sure to be careful.

Meet me at the Muny. The Muny, in Forest Park! Yes, we had to stop at the Muny which is an outdoor theatre in Forest Park. Unfortunately, no shows were playing. Plus that stupid sign ruined our pictures. But as an added bonus, now we know how to get gift cards for the summer.


Everybody loves the zoo. We couldn't get a picture by the giant cement sign but we settled for the north entrance. Brooke is ferocious.

Turtle Park was turtliscious. We both had never been, but we're definitely going back.


Yes, we did actually make it to the rink. And we would have skated too, if it was free like everything else.

What's a St. Louis tour without a stop at the Arch? This made our night and it was the closest I've ever been.


It was a good way to welcome a new year. We'll see what 2009 brings with it.

4 comments:

brooketolman said...

Yayyyyyyy HAPPY NEW YEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

You've been closer to the Arch. I took you and Bren when you were younger to the Museum underneath it. You guys bought poppy a copy of the Declaration of Independence. How can you not remember that exciting trip?

Andino said...

Oh I miss St. Louis so much and you girls!

Unknown said...

Looks like you too had fun :) I am glad that you texted me the other day. It is very true that I do think of you every so often. I hope all is well continually. We will have to have a phone chat pretty soon. And you better watch out for a little somethin-somethin int he mail in the next few months! omg-osh! haha. ttys!!