Friday, January 29, 2010

"The faces are different, but the love is the same."

Disclaimer: This post appears misleading. I swear I'm not a lesbian. Read on.



My co-worker, Ashley Jones, and I had the opportunity to interview Mrs. JoAnn Losee. JoAnn and her husband, Richard, are both legends here in Utah County. They owned and operated Losee Jewelers from 1956 to 2009, and oh my gosh do they have stories to tell. Ash and I soaked up those two hours and fell in love with JoAnn and her words. For example:

"You just can't take romance out of it, and you need to keep romance in it forever."

My favorite part was all of the passion JoAnn emanated. Her expressions and words shined much brighter than her jewel-covered fingers. Sometimes it baffles me how you can spend 1/1,000 of your life with a person and genuinely feel loved and appreciated by them. Sincerity is rare, kind of like all of the diamonds JoAnn showed us.

1 comment:

Ashley Arnold said...

Woot woot!! I will never forget those two hours! :) Couldn't agree more about feeling loved and appreciated by her - I still can't get over it.