Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Completely Chilled

My mom called after she read my last blog post and said I need to chill. So that's what I've been doing. And she was right.

The recent list of "chill" things:
  • Read two books in one week. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Both were completely refreshing in their own ways. Now my reading addiction is back and I'm feeding it.
  • A few Orem Owlz games. They're a minor league team here. Not as good as the Cardinals, but still baseball and still mind cleansing.
  • Writing in my journal again. I finished my old one and it took me nearly a month to get a new one (thanks mom). It's amazing how many of my prayers are answered through writing. So cool.
  • Celebrating the age of 21 like there's no 22. At my internship, I got to photograph a service project with horses and disabled kids. Then at work, the boys all sang to me when I walked in and we had pizza and an ice cream cake. Next came a delicious dinner at Guru's in downtown Provo with fabulous company followed by an ice cream bar from the ice cream truck. You can still eat those happily when you're 21, especially if the boys chase it down for you. After we downed the ice cream, we headed to the ghetto batting cages and did our best to not strike out. Ice blocking came next with few injuries and a night full of laughter. To top it all off, we played up the river down the river and hung out until 3 a.m. Heavenly Father has surrounded me with amazing people, as usual.
  • Zip lining at a ropes course, boating, karaoke-ing, concert-ing, driving with the top down, working out, playing tennis, playing cards, watching 24, observing the local larpers, working hard and then playing harder, etc. etc. etc.

A few of the things mentioned above happened before the chill advice, but I'm counting them anyway. I miss my family as always, but I have a family here, too. In the back of my mind will always be mountains full of questions about my future, but I'm letting them hibernate there for now and living my summer rather than my fears.

1 comment:

The McCain's said...

Now that's more like it!

love you!